Representation in Tatras to Danube Run 2021
Running team of our company completed 345 km from the Tatras to the Danube during the weekend of August 14 - 15, 2021. We ran day and night, on asphalt, concrete and gravel.
We love challenges. With the final time of 31:27:43, we placed 92th out of a total of 180 registered teams, in the ALL category we took 70th place and in the corporate relay category we finished 30th. 💪
We didn't even notice the protective measures of Covid-19 and we were creating a lead from the start. We were bothered by heat again, especially on Sunday, but we avoided injuries and overtook the storm…
And how did it all go?
- We started in Jasná on Saturday, August 14, 2021 at 8:00.
- The track was divided into 36 sections with a length of 7 to 12 km.
- Team of our company ŠK SFÉRA - ZDRAVÝ ŽIVOT consisted of 12 runners: Martin, Kris, Livka, Gabo, Maja, Miro, Janči, Pali, Tony, Šaňo, Attila, Miška, with 2 drivers: Mirka and Karči.
- We had two cars, each with a driver and 6 runners.
- The car dropped the runner at the handover, picked up the finisher and hurried to the next handover.
- The runner had little time to prepare change/start number/quick warm-up/toilet before running ...
- The relay pin was a GPS tracker, so it was possible to follow the course of the relay online.
- After six sections, the runner from the other car took over the baton.
- The resting car had to catch the food and move 6 sections to the next point. There were about 2 hours left for "sleep" ...
- We ran non-stop day-night-day on asphalt, concrete, gravel and clay ...
- Each runner ran 3 sections, so he ran 22 to 33 km in less than 24 hours.
- In total, we overcame a 4,100 m ascent and a 4,970 m descent.
- We reached the finish line at the Aréna Theater on Tyršovo nábreží on Sunday, August 15, 2021 at 3:27 p.m.
Acknowledgments are for:
- ŠK SFÉRA - ZDRAVÝ ŽIVOT for financial support and the opportunity to represent the company
- LB SERVIS and the DAKA travel agency for car rental
- Mirka and Karči for taking us safely to Bratislava
- Vladi for hospitality in Jelka for both cars! A bed and cooked breakfast was an expensive pleasure
- Libor for water and running support
- Miška during the greatest heat
- All those who kept their fingers crossed for us and came to encourage us to the goal
- Runners for incredible performance - our team was the best!
SFÉRA joined the campaign Bike to work8/6/2021
A positive "cycloatmosphere" prevailed in Slovakia in June. Almost 1,300 employers took part in this year's Bike to work campaign. SFÉRA was among participants again.
12 colleagues formed 3 teams. Participation in the campaign was a great motivation to g...